Saturday, October 16, 2010

I Forgot

Career changes are underway. I have been in turmoil about it all but now after several weeks I have remembered the following very important things. Things I've always known but forgotten.
1) Don't spend time and energy on things that are not important to you. Understand what is of value to you in your pursuit of human maturity; do not react and make choices based on ego. Use your that energy and time to find new paths. I know my new path. Don't be afraid. It's that moment on the high dive, walking out on the board, peering over the edge.
2) Don't let others control you. Don't let their need to control extend to you. Move beyond it, over it, around it, ignore it, but don't incorporate it into yourself. If you do, they have indeed taken control.
3) Live backwards...think about the choice available at this moment and what you will feel like if you don't choose it; will you regret not doing it ? If yes, take that road less traveled and begin the journey.
4) I knew at 45 that if I did not take my leave to go sailing with my partner I would never do it. I did it and so happy I did. Now I am 55, I know if I don't make a new life, contributing my best self to a new life career, I won't and I will regret it.
I affirm all these things to be true.

No comments:

Post a Comment